Data Centre ICT Storage Product of the Year
StorPool Storage is an agile storage platform designed for large-scale cloud infrastructure. It converts sets of standard servers into primary or secondary storage arrays. All the pieces in a public or private cloud deployment connect to the storage and rely on its performance to operate consistently. StorPool Storage is a solution that excels in the three core capabilities of data storage – reliability, agility, and speed. It is an ideal foundation for cloud infrastructure running diverse, mission-critical workloads.
Improvements to the reliability, agility, and speed of StorPool Storage in the past year:
- Creating Volumes is now Allowed even in a Critical System State – Enables users to create volumes and serve them to virtual machines, even in a situation where one node in a three-node cluster has failed (e.g., motherboard failure). While the system is in a critical state, StorPool keeps two of the data replicas on one of the two remaining nodes. When the missing node returns online, the copies are re-distributed to all nodes.
- Improved quorum stability in unstable network conditions.
- Improved storage capacity and performance aggregation logic during drive and node recovery.
- Added Option for Silent Initialization of Storage Drives – the –no-notify option makes it easier to change attributes of drives added to StorPool.
- Changes to Multi-site and Multi-cluster – added improvements and stability fixes based on insights gained from several multi-petabyte deployments – made volume create/update flags mandatory for multi-cluster API endpoints, added function for reverting volumes to snapshots in a multi-cluster deployment, added ability to list exported volumes and remote volumes, and more.
- Added additional validations in the initidisk tool used for storage drive initialization and various other improvements of initdisk tool.
- Prepared StorPool Storage API for the introduction of multi-cluster support in Cloud Management Platform integrations.
- Improved Sustained Write Performance – improved aggregation performance and efficiency, which permits processing more end-user write operations.
- Improved performance under mixed production loads.
- Improved API responsiveness during dematerialization
- Improved performance when relocating data from SATA or NVMe SSDs in case of rebuild or rebalancing of data.
- Improved the efficiency of the bridge connection and cross-cluster mgmt service interactions in case of multi-site deployments.
Latest improvements and updates:
In 2020 StorPool gained two major recognitions: The company was named Software Defined Storage (SDS) Vendor of the Year at the 2020 Storage Awards. The prestigious event, organized by Storage Magazine, identifies the leaders on the storage market and determines the future shifts in storage adoption technologies and the businesses searching for highly available solutions for data management. The same year StorPool was recognized as a leading technology company in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Central Europe 2020 program.
In 2020 StorPool Storage announced over 40% year-over-year growth in H1 2020 and a 73% net promoter score.
About StorPool Storage:
StorPool is a leading software provider that develops the most reliable and speedy storage platform on the market. Public and private cloud builders - Managed Services Providers, Hosting Services Providers, Cloud Services Providers, enterprises, and SaaS vendors - use StorPool Storage as the foundation for their clouds. StorPool converts sets of standard servers into primary storage systems for large-scale cloud infrastructure. The software comes as an utterly hands-off solution - we architect, deploy, tune, monitor, and maintain your StorPool Storage system so that your users experience a speedy and reliable service.
StorPool Storage systems are ideal for storing and managing the data of primary workloads that demand extreme reliability and low latency - databases, web servers, virtual desktops, real-time analytics, and mission-critical software. StorPool simplifies our customers’ cloud infrastructure, removes all the pains they experienced with legacy storage products, and supercharges their revenue and profits.
Our customers’ specific benefits from StorPool Storage vary depending on their use cases, technology stacks, and scale. However, the core capabilities of StorPool are that it is reliable, agile, managed with ease, utterly hands-off, and speedy.
Under the hood, StorPool builds out shared-storage pools out of DC-grade storage drives directly attached to standard servers to create the ultimate storage solution. These pools provide standard block device interfaces to the virtualised, containerised, or bare-metal workloads running in a cloud. StorPool has native plug-ins for Cloud Management Platforms like OpenStack, OpenNebula, CloudStack, Kubernetes, and OnApp. It also supports VMware, Oracle VM, Hyper-V, XenServer, and almost all other technology stacks.
We designed StorPool Storage for large-scale deployments, but it has efficient resource consumption and can start small. Each cluster scales seamlessly online - adding drives or servers expands both its capacity and performance. Adjusting StorPool volume size and performance also happens online without disrupting user workloads. The updates for StorPool are also carried out online, without any interruptions to your services.
StorPool doesn’t need specialised hardware components to deliver all of the above.