Data Centre Physical Security Innovation of the Year
What are your product's/solution's key distinguishing features and/or USP?
Raritan’s SmartLock is a networked, electronic door access and control system designed to deliver audited controlled access to physical sensitive IT assets in the data centers’ white space. It is an economic scalable solution that addresses evolving security requirements for IT applications and regulatory compliance from HIPAA, SOX, PCI DSS 3.2, or SSAE 16.
This universal, vendor agnostic door access and control system will retrofit with any pre-existing white space cabinets and containment while seamlessly integrating with your data center’s technology architecture to:
• Simplify operations, while enabling enterprise-level security
• Automate physical access monitoring
• Reduce total deployment effort and cost
• Scalable and Flexible - The devices are accessible through an existing IT network with any DCIM software or with standard scripting and communication protocols. This allows for fast and easy IP address cascading, network discovery, configuration, and ongoing maintenance.
• PX Intelligent PDUs Compatible - The SmartLock system is plug-and-play compatible with Raritan’s PX intelligent PDUs. This delivers dual networking and power redundancy options without requiring additional infrastructure wiring. It also ensures uptime while reducing the effort to resolve critical issues when they occur.
• Easily Retrofit in any Environment - Designed to fully integrate and retrofit with the most popular electronic door lock devices, the SmartLock system makes installation and operation simple and economical.
• Network Controlled Access - With on-demand door control for defined users or groups, the SmartLock system provides flexible and secure access and control down to cabinet and device levels.
• Smart Card Support - The SmartLock system provides a seamless integration with common access smart cards and other ID management technologies. It delivers multiple levels of security allowing identifiable and authorized personnel access to sensitive IT assets.
• Real-time Sensing and Alerting - Embedded into the SmartLock system is Raritan’s innovative Xerus technology. Xerus enables smart sensing, tracking, and alerting of proactive, real-time information with an automated audit-trail logging of access events.
What tangible impact has your product/solution had on the market and your customers?
With escalating regulatory requirements across many industries, it is required that sensitive server data and other technology equipment be subject to specific protections. Data center managers must track and monitor personnel access to specific sensitive systems and ensure they have the correct rights to a particular area. The SmartLock system enables data center managers to fulfil rack-level security and compliance requirements with the utmost confidence and efficiency.
The SmartLock door access control system is the only solution on the market to have plug-and-play access control, designed to easily improve physical security and compliance for IT and whitespace assets, available in three models:
1. SmartLock Basic:
The SmartLock Basic provides the best value for entry level access and control requirements. The standard lock and modular card reader make this solution ideal for data centers with a smaller footprint.
• Supports the basic needs for rack access control
• Perfect for smaller number of racks to protect / Virtual Caging
• Remote management of access permissions with Power IQ DCIM monitoring Software
• Meets budget requirements for EDGE and remote/distributed racks
• Optional modular card reader
2. SmartLock Standard:
The SmartLock Standard is the ideal option for people that require a higher level of security but still want a solution that can be easily integrated into their existing IT infrastructure.
• Combination of electronic door handles with integrated single and dual frequency smart card reader for local authentication at the rack
• Ideal for customers standardized on a definite type of smart card across the enterprise (low and/or high)
• Plug and play user management, leveraging the PDU infrastructure to transmit the access credentials to the facilities software or Power IQ DCIM Monitoring Software
3. SmartLock Advanced:
The SmartLock Advanced is the ultimate solution for data centers that require the most secure environment. This option was built to handle future growth demands and security requirements.
• Combination of electronic door handles with integrated dual frequency smart card reader for local authentication at the rack
• Standard with dual factor authentication (2FA) and pin & card security
• Advance biometric security options
• Ability to handle multi-card per handle access
• Most secure and latest encryption technology (PACS, SEOS)
What are the major differentiators between your product/solution and those of your primary competitors?
The main differentiator between SmartLock and other rack access control competitors is the fact that the SmartLock solution does not require any external security gateway or panel board appliance to function. The entire access logic and user management intelligence is supplied by the existing Raritan PDU infrastructure, along with Power IQ DCIM Monitoring Software. Users can simply import their Active directory rules into either one.
On the other hand, Raritan SmartLock solution enables both retrofitting and greenfield deployments. Raritan is the only manufacturer which has built-in support for multiple marquee security brands like Southco, Emka or Dirak directly into a PDU firmware stack. This allows for a lot of versatility, enabling users to pick and choose the right locking/authentication solution tailored to their needs and budget!
Please supply any supportive quotes and/or case study materials to demonstrate the value of this product/solution to your customers/partners.
French Government Contractor:
“Raritan SmartLock enabled us to quickly secure our customer’s existing rack infrastructure, without having to replace any door or access tokens. We were able to retrofit the exact electronic handles to the existing Smart cards deployed in the data centre, which saved us a lot of time!”
Japanese Telco Company:
“We evaluated and chose Raritan SmartLock solution as Raritan was the only vendor able to propose authentication with FeliCa® access protocol directly linked to our PDUs already in place. The cost savings of the solution enabled us to deploy across more cabinets and corridors.”
American Investment Bank:
“Thanks to Raritan SmartLock we were able to deploy new cabinet access protection in no time, using standalone controllers linked to our instance of Sunbird Power IQ DCIM software. The alternative would have been to purchase a separate system, which would have brought more complexity to our infrastructure.”
For further information on the SmartLock System, please visit: www.raritan.com/smartlock
Company: Raritan, a brand of Legrand
Name: Edwin de Boer
Job Title: Senior Marketing Manager, EMEA
Telephone: +31 102844056
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org