The Dominion® KX IV-101 KVM-over-IP Switch - Single-Port Ultra Performance Solution
Data Centre ICT Networking Product of the Year
What are your product's/solution's key distinguishing features and/or USP?
The Dominion® KX IV-101 (DKX4-101), Raritan’s highest performing KVM-over-IP switch, provides a new level of Ultra HD 4K performance for remote access and management. More powerful and flexible than any other KVM-over-IP solution available on the market, it supports higher video resolutions, faster frame rates, higher video quality, and substantially faster virtual media.
The KX IV-101 supports unblocked, Java-free, BIOS-level remote access of a single server, PC or workstation over LAN, WAN or even the Internet. A native HDMI device, the KX IV-101 has available cables/adapters for VGA, DVI, Mini DisplayPort, and USB-C. It provides users the most flexibility with access remote computers via User Station, laptop, PC or Smartphone. The KX IV-101 supports many of the popular Dominion features such as virtual media, absolute mouse synchronization, LDAP/Radius/AD authentication, AES encryption, support for up to 8 simultaneous sessions, and much, much more.
1. Ultra-High Performance 4K and 1080p Video:
The Dominion KX IV-101 supports access to servers with 4K video resolution (3840x2160), up to 30 frames per second with the new KX IV User Station. It also supports HD resolutions up to 1920x1080 and 1920x1200 at up to 60 frames per second with high quality 4:4:4 colour for high quality images and video.
2. Flexible, Multi-Purpose, IP-Based:
The KX IV-101 has user-configurable bandwidth to operate over LAN, WAN, and even the Internet for emergency out-of-hours IT support. As a flexible IP solution, it is accessible via User Station, Laptop, PC, and Smartphone supporting users, managers, engineers, and IT. Java-free KVM access is available on Windows, Linux and Mac.
3. Dominion Features and Compatibility:
The KX IV-101 supports many of the popular Dominion features such as: BIOS-level access, virtual media, absolute mouse synchronization, LDAP/Radius/AD authentication, AES encryption, and support for up to 8 simultaneous sessions. Utilize the KX IV-101 with the other Dominion products, KX III or IV User Stations. Native support for HDMI, with optional adapters for VGA, DVI, Mini DisplayPort and USB-C.
4. Integrated KVM Solution:
The KX IV-101 scales with Raritan’s CommandCenter management system, allowing multiple users to access multiple KX IV-101 and KX III switches, in single or multiple locations, across the country or even the world. CommandCenter integrates with the KX User Stations, Dominion products, as well as popular IT solutions such as VNC, RDP and SSH.
What tangible impact has your product/solution had on the market and your customers?
Broadcast, control rooms, labs, remote facilities, government, military and manufacturing all have unique and demanding remote access and management needs. They need high performance remote access but with the flexibility that only an IP based KVM switch can provide. Raritan has responded to these needs by creating the world’s fastest and most flexible KVM-over-IP solution ever. The 4th generation KX IV-101 delivers productivity, reliability and security, to support users, managers, engineering and IT in the most demanding and challenging environments.
The Dominion KX IV 101’s exciting new and unique features include:
• KX IV User Station is up to 3 times faster than the KX III and supports 3 monitors.
• Virtual Power Button can power on/off a computer device, using an external device control feature (KXIV Terminal Block hardware). This can power on/off devices without the use of an outlet-switched PDU!
• PDView or new KVM iPhone App can be used to configure and administer the KX IV. Users can remotely access and control servers through Apple iPhone and iPad devices, directly or through CC-SG with the same level of security that they now enjoy via their laptops.
The KX IV-101 is perfect for customers that require: (1) high performance access to computers, servers, PCs and workstations, or (2) those that require a single-port KVM-over-IP switch.
High performance customers may be in the following industries: broadcast, media, control room, government, military, aerospace, scientific, engineering, security, or medical. These users need any (or all) of the following:
• Use of high-resolution content, 1080p, 1440p, 1600p up to 4K
• Dynamic or video applications requiring 30 to 60 frames per second
• Work with high quality video, images, maps, etc.
Other users may require one or more single-port KVM-over-IP switches for traditional remote management applications such as remote offices, colo, remote facilities, cubes/closets, edge applications, small labs or wherever there is a small number of computers to be remotely managed.
What are the major differentiators between your product/solution and those of your primary competitors?
The Dominion KX IV-101 is the highest performing KVM-over-IP switch, offering a superior video performance and highly flexible IP based solution, that is not available anywhere else on the market.
1. Superior Video Performance:
Versus other one-port KVM-over-IP switches, the KX IV-101 has substantially higher performance, supporting higher resolutions up to 4K, faster frames-per-second up to 60 and higher quality images to 4:4:4. In terms of performance, there is simply no comparison between the KX IV-101 and traditional KVM switches.
• Higher video resolutions to 4K
• Faster frame rates to 60 FPS
• High quality images and video to 4:4:4
• 3X Faster Virtual Media
• New High-Performance User Station
2. Flexible, IP-based Solution:
Versus other high performance KVM systems used in broadcast and control rooms, the KX IV-101 provides similar high performance, but is much more flexible than these systems including:
• Works over LAN, WAN or even the internet. Runs over the corporate network. Does not require fiber, 10G Ethernet or an independent network.
• Can be accessed over IP via user station, PC, or laptop. Many high-performance systems only work via an expensive hardware receiver or decoder; they don’t support PC or laptop access by IT, engineering or management.
• The KX User Stations support a desktop user interface where users can simultaneously access multiple KVM sessions, including RDP, VNC and SSH access to servers. The new KX IV User Station supports 4K and up to 3 monitors.
• As an IP-solution, a KX IV-101 solution is easier to deploy/expand and is often less expensive.
For further information on The Dominion® KX IV-101, please visit: https://www.raritan.com/products/kvm-serial/kvm-over-ip-switches/4k-kvm-single-port-ip-switch
Company: Raritan, a brand of Legrand
Name: Daniel Price
Job Title: Sales Manager
Telephone: +44 (0) 207 090 1395
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org