Data Centre ICT Cloud Storage Innovation of the Year
1. What is it? And what’s new?
Microsoft does not provide data protection services as part of its Office 365 subscription package. Therefore, data backup is a must. When trouble occurs resulting in loss or damage to Office 365 mailboxes, or OneDrive or SharePoint data, Managed Service Providers (MSPs) need to have the peace of mind that they can assist their customers with reliable backup and recovery services. Altaro Office 365 Backup was developed to meet that need as a robust, convenient and easy-to use backup and recovery solution.
Altaro Office 365 Backup for MSPs is a monthly subscription program enabling Managed Service Providers (MSPs) to provide backup and recovery services for Office 365 users through Altaro’s multi-tenant, cloud-based console. Backups are automatically saved to Altaro’s Azure infrastructure.
When launched in November 2018, MSPs could use the solution to back up customers’ Office 365 mailboxes.
As of September 2019, the offering also enables them to back up and manage their customers’ file stored in OneDrive and SharePoint.
In a nutshell, product functionality for MSPs includes:
• Office 365 mailbox backups – Back up your customers' Office 365 mailboxes automatically, including all emails, attachments, calendars and contacts within a user’s mailbox
• OneDrive and SharePoint Document Library backups – You can also back up files stored within your customers' OneDrive accounts and SharePoint. You have the flexibility to choose what you what to back up per customer.
• Minimal recovery point objective – Backups take place automatically up to four times per day, ensuring a low recovery point objective (RPO) in case of data loss or damage.
• Easily restore deleted, lost or damaged mail items – Benefit from various restore options for entire mailboxes as well as granular restore of selected mail items, such as restoring back to the same mailbox.
• Fast and simple OneDrive and SharePoint item recovery – Use the solution’s granular restore wizard for OneDrive and SharePoint files. You can either restore the files to a downloadable ZIP Archive or back to a OneDrive Account or SharePoint Document Library.
• Archiving or migrating mailboxes – All emails within an Office 365 mailbox can be restored to a downloadable PST file. The PST file can then be opened in Outlook to view and restore individual emails and attachments. This is ideal for archiving or migrating a user’s mailbox.
• Worry-free, secure storage – Your customers' Office 365 mailbox and/or OneDrive and SharePoint backups are automatically saved to Altaro's secure cloud backup location hosted on Microsoft Azure. This way, you don't have to think about setting up your own servers to save backups to, or worry about SLAs.
• Browsable backups – Search and browse through your customers' backups through various filters, with searchability throughout different backup versions, and avoid separate time-consuming searches.
• Customer self-service – You can grant account access to one or more of your customers so that they can monitor, browse and restore their own backup data via the Cloud Management Console.
• User access rights – Provide access to selected user accounts within your team, giving them control over backup browsing and restore capabilities for one or more customers.
• Easy billing – Enjoy a convenient, ordered view of the total users backed up for each of your customers, making it simple and fast for you to know what you need to bill per customer.
2. How do customers benefit from the product and its innovations?
In this case, the targeted customers are Managed Service Providers (MSPs), who then use the solution to serve their own customer base through it.
Key benefits for MSPs
The Altaro Office 365 Backup for MSPs subscription program offers MSPs these benefits:
• Central multi-tenant management: Manage and monitor all your customers’ Office 365 mailbox, OneDrive and SharePoint backups through Altaro’s ground-breaking, multi-tenant cloud-based management console.
• Pay per user, per month: Pay a single fee per user per month, covering back up, storage, use of our management console, and support. Per customer, you can choose whether to only back up mailboxes or whether to also back up files stored in OneDrive and SharePoint.
• Flexibility: Add or remove users as needed. You only pay for those backed up per month.
• No contracts: or upfront costs No annual commitment. There’s just a minimum monthly starter pack subscription covering up to 30 mailboxes across all your customers. Scale to tens of thousands of users.
• Storage is included; no local storage infrastructure or software required: You don’t have to think about setting up your own servers to save backups to or worry about SLAs – backups are saved to Altaro’s Microsoft Azure infrastructure as part of the package.
• Recurring revenue: Charge your customers a recurring monthly fee at the price point you decide on!
• Unbeatable value: Competitive MSP pricing; you are then free to establish your own pricing model. Volume discounts apply, making it even more cost-effective for you as you scale to tens of thousands of users.
• No extras fees: You get access to all product features across all your customers, backup storage on Microsoft Azure infrastructure, 24/7 support, and our multi-tenant console for centralised management of all your Altaro Office 365 Backup customer accounts.
• Lightning-fast, 24/7 support: 22-second average support call pickup, live chat, speak directly with an expert, no tier 1 agents or gatekeepers.
• Fast and simple to get started: No installation necessary. Simply sign up and connect an Office 365 account. Backups are taken automatically and saved to Altaro's Azure infrastructure. It's that easy!